NEW Course – Global FAST® Training Remote Lectures
plus Hands-on Scanning Session
*Note: This is a different course than the “Online Only” Individual or Bundled AFAST®-TFAST®, and VetBLUE®-Global FAST® 21-hours of courseware for those already doing ultrasound that wants a more in-depth knowledge of our approach.
This course includes 6-hours of online lecture AND a hands-on scanning session with Dr. Lisciandro plus a FINAL Lecture.
The 5-lectures cover AFAST®, TFAST®, and Vet BLUE®, combined called Global FAST®, plus a 1-hour Global FAST® image acquisition supplemental module (6-hours total of online lectures). Quizzes must be passed with a score of 80% to move on to the next module. Objectives are listed by scrolling to the bottom of this page.
These 6-hours of lectures MUST be completed prior to the hands-on Global FAST® scanning session with Dr. Greg Lisciandro.
Once you have successfully completed the Global FAST® course, a certificate for 8-hours of RACE-approved continuing education will be issued.
Send any questions to Dr. Greg Lisciandro at [email protected] or by phone at 210.260.5576
This course is a game-changer for veterinary medicine and Global FAST® our new core skill!
Global FAST® Course Objectives
AFAST® – its target-organ approach, its abdominal fluid scoring system, practical and heavily case-based.
- Its standardized methodology of view order, imaging target-organs in longitudinal planes, and standardized probe maneuvering.
- Its use as a soft tissue screening test for abnormalities missed or only suspected by physical exam, blood and urine testing, and radiography.
- AFAST® is a much better test for free fluid because radiographic serosal detail is unreliable.
- Its fluid scoring system for bleeding and non-bleeding patients.
- Small volume versus large volume bleeder-effusion concept.
- Decision-making regarding transfusions and surgical intervention.
- Tracking tool for worsening, static, and improving effusions.
TFAST® – its use for accurately detecting pleural and pericardial effusion, the 4 TFAST® Echo views, pneumothorax, practical and heavily case-based.
- FASTVet rules for accurately detecting pleural and pericardial effusion.
- Rule outs for pleural and pericardial effusion.
- Why you should never “flash ultrasound” for pleural and pericardial effusion.
- TFAST® echo views and their applications for 1) volume and contractility, 2) left-sided problems, and 3) right-sided problems.
- TFAST® as a soft tissue screening test of the heart (because the cardiac silhouette is a poor test).
Vet BLUE® – the 6 Vet BLUE Lung Ultrasound Signs, its regional pattern-based approach for a working diagnosis, practical and heavily case-based. The ultrasound probe is our new stethoscope!
- Understanding the Gator Sign orientation, dry lung artifacts, and wet lung artifacts.
- The Vet BLUE® B-line Scoring System and weak positives versus strong positives.
- The Vet BLUE® Visual Lung Language of Shred Sign, Tissue Sign, Nodule Sign, and Wedge Sign.
- Use of the Vet BLUE® regional pattern-based approach for a working diagnosis.
- Use of Vet BLUE® to rapidly rule out wet lung conditions (<90 seconds).
- Use of Vet BLUE® to track or monitor patients.
Global FAST® for Staging Patients
Recording Your Findings on Goal-directed Templates
This is the price for Non-members.
This is the discounted price for our FASTVet Premium Members